Job ID: 228553553
3 - 5 years
Are you obsessed with New England professional and college sports? Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports – Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins? Are you enthusiastic about being creative to help your clients achieve their goals? This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
The Graphics Producer will research stats and storylines, determine how stats are presented in rundown templates and collaborate with Creative Services on providing editorial content and direction for customized graphics.
- Performance: You are an experienced producer who brings 3+ years of experience in sports television at a regional or national level.
- Flexible and Adaptable: You are willing to take on new challenges and creative problem solve! You do whatever it takes to get the job done; including working some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Details & Delivery- You are obsessed with the details. The success of the project depends on your attention. to the little things. You keep everyone on schedule and on target, producing excellent work and on time.
- Solution-Oriented- You are clever, smart and creative in bringing ideas to solve problems. Your research skills are strong and your ability accompany visual elements with stats is key to success!
- Must have 3+ years of experience in sports television at a regional or national level required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film or equivalent work experience required
- Knowledge of ENPS is expected
- Research stats, images and information for customized graphics
- Research editorial stats through game notes and websites, conceive original graphics from that research, and determine how stats are presented in rundown templates
- Research and inputs content for quote boards into ENPS MOS rundown and work with Supervising Producer to maintain NESN’s news philosophy
- Researches and inputs content for topic bars directly into ENPS MOS rundown for studio segments and packages
- Pitch and collaborate with show producers on graphic ideas for full pages, lower-thirds, topic bars, and rear projector images for assigned NESN news or studio show
- Input content into template field in ENPS rundown through MOS
- Double-check accuracy of spelling, math and photo and graphical images associated with template
- Protect NESN’s rights by citing source when graphical information or a quote is used from another media entity
- Collaborate directly with talent and show producers on various graphic elements
- Quality check customized graphics from Creative Services. Script codes customized graphic into rundown
- Maintain daily expertise on New England professional and college sports by reading newspapers and websites
- Maintain graphic content archive with the ENPS to update or re-use graphics as warrants editorially
- Produce the L-Bar by researching, inputting and updating the information for direct playout
- Learn how the Ross Expression works in order to operate manually if necessary
- Successfully perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinating Producer and Supervising Producer
- Excellent written, verbal communication organizational skills are required
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
Who We Are
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.